Flickr

www.flickr.com
Joeythegirl's items Go to Joeythegirl's photostream

Pages

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Live8

I've spent all day watching Live8, Jory and I were talking last night about how these are free concerts. They aren't raising money they are raising awareness. Which is totally a good thing, we understand, we dig. It's a good idea, but don't you think that you could charge even one dollar per ticket and you could not only raise awareness but send Africa over One Million dollars just from Philly's attendees? You can only imagine how much money could have been raised by charging a dollar or euro respectively from each concert attendee in each city.

Now I can only assume that everyone that was lucky enough to go to one of these concerts probably bought a T-shirt, poster, sticker, or the much wanted "ONE" wrist band, so there is some money being raised at the concerts. I've been trying to place my order on the site all day and the server's down. Meaning everyone else that wasn't able to go to a concert is trying to get on the site to order a band as well. Well 30 minutes of persistant attempts later.....My T-shirt and bands are on their way! Please allow 10-15 days for delivery. Purchases made, "ONE" banner added to blog...I've done my part.


Day 2 and still going strong! I imagine this is how I will feel everday for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Donate for My Kindness Project to Honor Jack!