Flickr

www.flickr.com
Joeythegirl's items Go to Joeythegirl's photostream

Pages

Monday, September 04, 2006

Jack Kendrick Johnson

Family and Friends,

As we have shared with many of you, we were expecting to learn the sex of our miracle baby this weekend. Unexpectedly, Wednesday night Joey went into preterm labor. After the doctors tried to stop the delivery unsuccessfully, Joey gave birth to a beautiful baby boy that we named Jack Kendrick Johnson at 9:30 PM on August 31, 2006, he weighed 9.5 ounces and was 9.5 inches long. Unfortunately Jack's time with us was cut short by the fact that he was born so early, he passed away in the early hours of September 1, 2006. We only had hours to spend with Jack, we are grateful for that time, and like any parents who have lost a child, only wish that we had more. Joey was released from the hospital the night of September 1st and is physically recovering well.

As you can imagine, we are devastated and heartbroken. We appreciate all of the support that we have received, and we would love nothing more than to express our gratitude for your friendship and encouragement throughout this pregnancy. Right now, it is simply too hard for us to talk with any one. We have been limiting our direct communication with immediate family. We will be in touch personally as soon as humanly possible and only ask for patience while we are allowed time to grieve. We understand that many of you may have questions and want to call or email, please do not be offended when we do not respond. We are going to be taking some time away, please refrain from mailing anything to our home address at this time. We will be in contact as soon as we are ready.

We would like to thank you all again for your love and support,

Jory & Joey

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

April and I are so sorry for your loss.

Let us know if we can do anything...

Anonymous said...

I'm so awfully sorry, guys! :-( Words are not much help now, but you're in my thoughts. Hang in there. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

I am torn up right now reading this. I can't beleive this has happened. I am so sorry. I am thinking of you, Joey. I know there is nothing I can say that will help. So, I will stop now. Please take care of each other really, really well. It is crucial.

Brooke

Anonymous said...

My dears... I just read about your situation as I spend very little time on the net these days. I am so sorry for your profound loss. I know there is nothing to be said to make it any better, and even time does not heal the pain, it just makes the moments between heartbreak and soul-crushing farther apart. I can recommend nothing from suffering my own loss, only to say that you must love each other through it and it will get better. It takes awhile, though. It's been almost 4 years fer me and sometimes it hits me like a load of bricks in the gut. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. With love and sympathy.

Christi said...

I have been reading your blog for a while now, and was excited about your baby to be. I have always had a great respect for Jory's views, and in reading his blog,I started reading Joey's. I have enjoyed reading about your wonderful life together, and the passions that drive you both. I know everyone has said it, but I needed to tell you how sorry I am for the passing of your precious little guy. I can't even imagine the grief and heartache you are feeling right now. I just wanted you to know that you are being thought of, and your sweet baby is being grieved by someone you have never even met. Your love for one another will help sustain you in your darkest hours. Peace.

Christi ( From high school long, long ago...)

Donate for My Kindness Project to Honor Jack!