Flickr

www.flickr.com
Joeythegirl's items Go to Joeythegirl's photostream

Pages

Monday, November 13, 2006

Dedicated to Jack by his uncle Cody

Cody wrote his last blog Monday, October 16, 2006, half of his post was dedicated to Jack. With his permission I am posting it here.

"The other person I want to dedicate this last blog to is someone I never actually got to meet. Nonetheless, Jack Johnson still has made an impact on my life. My brother Jory and his wife Joey were thrilled to learn that they would be expecting, especially, after having been told they probably couldn't get pregnant. Our families were both very excited to welcome the new member sometime in January. Unfortunately, just about a month ago Joey went into labor and gave birth to a very premature baby boy. Again, I don't know the specifics, but I believe Jack Johnson lived for about six hours and weighed only nine ounces. Although I was, and am still, saddened by this event, I believe that everything happens for a reason. I know that Jack is in a good place and is surrounded by those who love him very much. Jack has shown me just how important, and how supportive, families can be. Growing up in a dysfunctional home, I've never really had a good sense of familial trust. Jack has brought us all together in a way that I believe is for good. Perhaps that was Jack's mission in his short life –to help us realize just how important our own families are. I know that both Joey and Jory will make great parents. I know this because I see the kind of friends they are and because of how they care for their own families. Jory always insists that I call whenever I reach my destination, and I can picture him doing this with his kids when the time comes. I can't wait to hear them complain about their overprotective dad. If Jack is anything like his dad, he is up in heaven putting tabasco sauce on Uncle Chip's Oreo's. Or, perhaps he is convincing one of his great grandparents that they did something they didn't actually do. I will try not to think about what I might be missing out on by not having the chance to see Jack grow and instead see how he helped all of us grow in an instant. I know I will have many opportunities to see Jack in my dreams how he is, not how he could have been. I will see him smile and play and I will be able to hear his laughter. I know we will all get through this, because we are never dealt more than we can handle. I know Jack will always look down on his mom and dad and be proud of what they are and know how much they will always love him. We all love you too, Jack, but you probably already know."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's some good stuff, it's getting me kinda misty...which is saying alot since i have no feelings!

Joey C Johnson said...

Thanks for commenting Tom, I thought Utah may have been blown up with the lack of comments lately.

Tom, you may not have feelings, but Pedro has enough for the both of you!

Anonymous said...

yep, still here...

I had a great time talking with yer ol' man the other day, 'bout time that bum gotta job! :)

Tell him to keep writing!

ps. whatever happened to that novel?

Anonymous said...

Joey,

What is your e-mail address? Will you send me a message to mine mfoulger6785@yahoo.com so that I have it?

Thanks!! Miss you two tons and tons.

Michelle

Donate for My Kindness Project to Honor Jack!