Flickr

www.flickr.com
Joeythegirl's items Go to Joeythegirl's photostream

Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

It Always Happens In Three's...

Best friends & Siblings
Ozzy (left) & Mazzy (right)

R.I.P Ozzy
November 21, 2004 - April 15, 2007

Sunday morning I got a rude awakening from my youngest brother Christopher. He called to inform me our "fur"brother, Ozzy had died. My initial response was, "Are you kidding me? This can't be happening!" First Jack, then Jerry, now Ozzy. I had been wondering if and when the 3rd would come, I just didn't expect it to be Ozzy.

I had talked to both my mother and Christopher Friday about Ozzy, he had received his distemper and rabies shots a couple days before and he was acting lethargic and wouldn't eat. I told them both that Mazzy was the same way for two days after her shot, but she came around. Christopher was concerned because he was watching him while my parents were out of town. He had called the vet who told him not worry too much, if he's still sick Saturday to give him a call. Saturday came around and Ozzy was still sick, and now wasn't drinking any water or eating. The vet asked them to bring Ozzy in and he would run some tests. Nothing was found, not even on two x-rays so they sent him home to call the next day if nothing had changed. Sunday afternoon, after my parents are returned home, Ozzy had laid down by the front door where he liked to nap and fell asleep. My step-dad decided it was safe to run outside and check on something, when he returned a short time later, he found Ozzy had died right where he left him. They called a breeder friend who offered to take him to Utah State University for an autopsy. They will also be testing his food to rule that out as a cause. They'll get the results in two weeks.

Ozzy was a good dog, not the smartest of the bunch but very sweet and always had kisses for anyone who said hello. My parents are devastated and lost without his companionship. I'm sure Mazzy will try to find him the next time we visit and will be disappointed when he's not there to play.

Rest in peace Ozzy, we miss you already!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have turned into such an emotional train wreck, this has totally got me depressed. I can't stop thinking of trying to teach him how to do all of the tricks...

Donate for My Kindness Project to Honor Jack!