Flickr

www.flickr.com
Joeythegirl's items Go to Joeythegirl's photostream

Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

A Joey Gift

I was Blurfing or blog surfing and found a Joey Gift. Through out my life I have received numerous "Joey Gifts". It seems 1 in 5 people I meet always feel the need to tell me that my name means baby kangaroo. As if in 29 years I had not been told this once or a million times.

My favorite Joey Gift story is from my 16th birthday. My mom gave me a Stuffed Kangaroo with matching socks stuffed in the pouch. I gave her a look of "what in the HELL were you thinking" and she laughed. She had actually bought it when I was 10 or 11 years old and hid it so well she didn't find it until just before my 16th birthday. My mom has a problem hiding gifts and finding them years later, but I leave that for another day.

No comments:

Donate for My Kindness Project to Honor Jack!