Flickr

www.flickr.com
Joeythegirl's items Go to Joeythegirl's photostream

Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Crochet OOPS!

Hopefully Christopher doesn't actually read my blog, because this will ruin a surprise. So while I was glued to the couch recovering from surgery I crochet a lot. I reopened Stitch 'n Bitch's "Happy Hooker" and learned tons of new stitches and how to read a pattern! I don't know how many of you have seen a crochet pattern, but for me it's like trying to read Chinese! AND I'm not even talking about those pattern pictures, good ROD! I had no idea what the hell they meant, until now.

I figured I would try out the easiest pattern in the book, it's a baby blanket, it's rectangle for ROD's sake! I changed the colors for a baby boy, since Christopher and Fawn are expecting a boy in June.

Here's the picture of the blanket and hat, I swapped the pink for blue and grey for black. Looks pretty simple right?
So on row 24 I realized there was something seriously wrong. I thought I had chained the first row super tight and kept trying to stretch it out to match the top rows, but that wasn't working. I started with 74 stitches, per the pattern. I decided to count the stitches on the 24th row, 97 stitches! OOPS! I had actually increased on every row and I SUCK at trying to increase!

TaDa!
I have since unraveled it down to the first two grey rows and started over. Like a good girl, I've continued to check that I only have 74 stitches when I finish a new row. So far so good. I'll post another picture when it's finished. This sort of scares me to try the matching hat, but I'll give it a go.


No comments:

Donate for My Kindness Project to Honor Jack!