Flickr

www.flickr.com
Joeythegirl's items Go to Joeythegirl's photostream

Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2007

I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane...

This should be fairly short due to this:

Which if I may say, has been a real fucking inconvenience! It happened three Wednesdays ago, I woke up and my wrist hurt like hell. I figured I'd slept on if funny? Or that it would get better in a day, however that didn't happen. I woke up the 2nd day and the pain was horrendous and spread from my wrist to my elbow. I had a TTC doctors appointment that morning and blood tests afterward so since I was already in the neighborhood and up early I decided to head over to Urgent Care to find out what the hell was wrong with my hand. After X-rays and a very painful (jumped out of my seat) exam by the doc, he said it was a sprained wrist nos.

"Oh by the way Mrs. Johnson, your X-rays show a very large accumulation of calcium deposits in your wrist. Have you ever been diagnosed with Carpal Tunnel? I highly suggest you follow up in a week with an Orthopedist, you're probably going to need surgery soon."

I don't have time to follow up with an Orthopedist, we're moving in a week! Boo on that.

Oh and those blood tests, yeah I got a call to schedule an appointment with my doc to "discuss" the results. We all know that's not good. So I go, the doc says I'm well on my way to getting Gout (also called metabolic arthritis), he's surprised I don't have it already with my uric acid levels being through the roof! So there's another pill I have to take for the rest of my life. At this point, I should insert a pic (here) of all my pill bottles stacking up on my bathroom counter. It's what you would expect to see in your grandparent's medicine cabinet.

My Insulin Resistance levels are out of control, he can't prescribe me any more Glucophage because I'm already on the max amount, any more could kill me. This is causing ovulation problems again, no follicle found this month and my hormone levels were at a 5, after just taking Clomid, my levels should have been in the thousands, but no, it was FIVE. He said he'd be OK with 50, but he can't comprehend how it was only 5. I reminded him that I was his Medical Mystery that likes to break all the records. He agreed. I could tell he was frustrated and less optimistic or at least I was/am.

I'm tired of being sick and tired. It's only going to get worse too because we decided to take me off Synthroid and Armour Thyroid which I take for my Hypothyroidism because I wasn't on it when I got pregnant with Jack and we want to do everything exactly the same. Without those pills the fatigue kicks into high gear. I'm sure I'll stop losing 2 lbs per doctor's visit too. I'm determined to do what I can to not lose this battle, but there are days that I just feel so defeated. I honestly assumed I would get pregnant the first try after surgery just like last time. I tried not to feel so cocky, but I was so sure it would happen. It made going through the surgery again totally worth it, not that I had a choice, but I was so sure it was going to work!

Sorry I'm done bitching and complaining, I know no one enjoys reading this shit.

So this has ended up being another long one and has taken all day to write, in between work calls. But I have a few more things to write about.

1. Check out the new tv series Traveler on abc Wednesday, May 30 at 10/9c. You can watch the pilot online now, click here. Seriously a kick ass show, similar to "Enemy of the State". Oh and if you're not watching Heroes, you're missing out big time. Since I haven't been able to crochet at work, all I can do is read or watch tv.

2. I'm flying out to Utah tomorrow for my brother's wedding Saturday and fly back Sunday and go right to work YAY me!

3. Next week is full of fun, walk thru the new house with the builder on Monday or Tuesday, close on Wednesday (Friday at the latest), finish packing sometime in between going to work and doing everything else, oh and move in Saturday after sunset. Whew!

Nuff said.

Peace out!

No comments:

Donate for My Kindness Project to Honor Jack!