Flickr

www.flickr.com
Joeythegirl's items Go to Joeythegirl's photostream

Pages

Monday, April 28, 2008

Buy 10 GYNO Exams Get 1 Free!

Sara and I were talking last night how I should be getting something free for as often as I go to the doctor. Like one of those buy 10 "appointments" get 1 free cards. Or simply refund what I've spent each month on appointments, fertility drugs and blood tests when I get a BFN?

It's so ironic because when I was 15 or so, my mother started threatening to take me to my first GYNO appointment. I refused! I was not about to let some horny old man check out my girly bits! I was really modest, I think having huge boobs at an early age caused this. The boys were always teasing me so I did my best to keep them covered with big baggy clothes. After leaving home at an early age and being on my own, I was able to put off this right of passage until I was (eeek!) 25 years old. I only made the appointment then because I had stopped having a period 2 years before and obviously wasn't getting pregnant. That's when I found out I had PCOS with Insulin Resistance and Hypothyroidism....the beginning of my medical nightmare.

So listen up young girls (as if anyone reading my blog is a young girl), don't put off or be scared of your GYNO cause you'll end up having to get naked for your doctor at least once a month like me! It's called Karma.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

ask Jory about my preferred "frequency program" from back in the day. He'll remember.

Joey C Johnson said...

Will do

Anonymous said...

tell him i'm missing some punches on my card...

how often do you check your comments?

Joey C Johnson said...

I get a pop up window when I'm logged into my gmail and it tells me when I have a comment.

Anonymous said...

cool. is that an automatic feature? You checked out our blog yet?

Joey C Johnson said...

Yeah I've been reading your blog for a few weeks now...I commented today on your hoopty.

And yeah with gmail, it's an automatic feature, pretty kool eh?

Anonymous said...

it's pretty sparse, i know. Lotsa pics are ready to be uploaded, hopefully soon.

Joey C Johnson said...

Can't wait to see them! You should post some house pics, inside and such so we can see what you're livin' in.

Of course I guess we might get to see it in June when we come for a visit, if ya let us in.

Anonymous said...

we might.

Unknown said...

Tom, the punch cards were retired long ago (I think). "Frequency Program" hehehe, damn we were blatantly inappropriate. Funny thing is, no one knows for sure what we would even be referring to. Oh Tom, the good old days.

Anonymous said...

i'm STILL owed a couple of punches.

Donate for My Kindness Project to Honor Jack!