Flickr

www.flickr.com
Joeythegirl's items Go to Joeythegirl's photostream

Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I apologize in advance for the length of this ridiculously long, not real exciting post.

I don't know why but sometimes I just can't find the energy to write. Which is totally crazy because that's how I function. If I don't write about whatever everyday, my rapidly spinning brain begins to drown me with thoughts, ideas, To Do's, reminders and keeps me up into all hours of the night and early morning. Lately I've been tired, passing out on the couch, no energy, not even to write.

So here I am forcing myself to write, anything, something. It's not that hard Joey just type the words...t y p e words WoRdS and more words.

Jory's mom Sandy and his brother Cody came out for Mother's Day weekend. We offered to pay for her flight as her gift, but also to force her to set a date to come see us and it worked. It was way too short a visit, but we enjoyed our time immensely. Hopefully it was enough to get her excited to come out again for a longer time period. I love Sandy! She's super kool, sweet as ever and funny. I appreciate every moment we get to spend with her. Jory's whole family is awesome! I really lucked out with my in laws. It probably would have been weird if Jory had sisters because I'm used to all boys, growing up with four brothers myself. It will be weird when Cody and Casey's future soul mates join the family, I'll probably be all territorial and shit! I have had them all to myself for the last 10.5 years. They don't really feel like brother in laws to me anymore, much more like real brothers. I spend more time with them then some of my own brothers so I guess it's only natural.

Did you notice how I totally got off subject and skipped writing all about how depressing Mother's Day was for me? I'm good, real gooood! he he! No but really, having Sandy and Cody here was a fabulous distraction. It hit me later on, but I did good at staying sane. PS Keara made me the cutest Mother's Day gift EVER...I'll be posting a pic soon.

This past weekend was a whirlwind triathlon. Mazzy was scheduled to get spayed at 8 am Friday and Jory's procedure was scheduled for 8:15 am so he ended up driving himself, I ran and dropped off poor sweet Mazzy and cried my way back to my car, praying she wouldn't die. I drove like Speed Racer back home, grabbed the laptop so I'd have something to do while waiting the 5 hours we were told it would take for Jory, then off again to see if I could catch him before they took him in. I arrived around 9:30 am and found out he was still waiting his turn. The nurse took me back to the holding area where the patients were all packed in like sardines with only curtains separating them. It was so tight, I couldn't even squeeze in to kiss him without knocking his neighbor in the head with my elbow, so I rubbed his blanket covered feet and told him I loved him. As the nurse walked me out, she said it should only take an hour or two. Right on! That's way better then 5 hours! The waiting room was packed so I took the laptop out to the car and decided to put in a movie. Thirty short minutes later the nurse calls me to say he was already in recovery and I should meet her at the back door. My mind raced with every horrible possibility. Why did it only take 30 minutes? Why did they want me to meet them at the back door? Why didn't she say he's OK? Why did she say the Doctor wanted to talk to me? I was totally freaking out on the inside because Jory was waking up slowly and I didn't want to worry him over nothing. I held his hand tight and did my best to keep it together. The nurse kept coming over every few minutes and repeated that the doctor wanted to talk to me and he'd be right over. The longer it took, the more crazy my thoughts became and I was seriously on the verge of tears! I didn't think I could keep it together any longer when Jory leaned over and whispered the funniest thing in the world to me!

Don't hate me, but I'm not going to share Jory's medical procedure with you, which means I can't tell you what the funniest thing in the world was, unless he decides to share.

The doctor came over said all looked good, but they did do a bunch of biopsies and we'll have the results back on Tuesday. (Still holding breath a little cause we haven't heard yet) Jory was hilarious because he wasn't remembering anything. I kept having to repeat the same stories and info to him over and over. After about an hour in recovery they let me take him home. The last thing the nurse said was he couldn't drive for 24 hours. As I pulled out of the parking lot, I reminded him that Keara would come over later and we'd come pick up his car. Still high, he laughs and says he can totally drive it home. I laugh and tell him it's not happening.

After getting home and making him some toast, we both passed out on the couches and napped until 3 pm when I had to get up and go get little Mazzy. Five hundred Freakin' Dollars later, Uterus-less Mazzy rode all the way home laying in her bed on the passenger seat. I thanked her a million times for surviving the surgery and told her it would be totally unacceptable for her to die any time soon.

The rest of the weekend was spent nursing Mazzy and Jory back to health. I've been exhausted ever since.

Oh wait there's more! Last night at exactly 6:30 pm I was sitting at work and out of no where an ear ache hit me like a ton of bricks! Every time I would burp or cough my right ear popped and it felt like I was being stabbed! By the time I got serious about going to Urgent Care, they had already closed. I decided I'd go in the morning if it wasn't better. I slept on my right side most of the night hoping whatever it was would drain out and when I woke up this morning if felt better. It still pops when I burp, which I do a lot, but it doesn't hurt as bad. If it gets worse again tonight I'll go get it looked at, otherwise I won't worry about it. I just don't want to hop on the plane next Friday, go crazy from the pain and get arrested for disorderly conduct or worse.

9 comments:

MisterJ said...

Don't worry about my soul mate. I have no plans for marriage.

Joey C Johnson said...

I know you've said that before, but you never know what the future holds. And just because you have no plans for marriage doesn't mean you won't find your "other half" and want to spend the rest of your life together, making it official is only necessary for wedding presents and insurance benefits! ;)

Unknown said...

Well there haven't been any inquiries, perhaps there hasn't been enough time? About my procedure, let's call it the medical Chinese finger cuff episode. The comment, which I cannot verify, because I do not recall saying, (nor do I recall wanting to drive, although I am sure I would have been fine) was actually a question, that question being..."Does my breath smell like ass?" More details available, and pictures of my innards for a modest fee.

Janice said...

Alright,maybe people are trying to have manners and whatever...but since Jory opened the can...I wanna know what the chinese guy did to him to make his mouth smell like ass. I'm not above asking - so tell me. Maybe I'll make a donation upon your arrival.

Anonymous said...

I am totally with Janice - we wanna know!!

Anonymous said...

It's his radioactive nuts, isn't it? I KNEW that it would eventually catch up to him!

Joey C Johnson said...

Assuming Jory thought you guys would've figured it out from his comment "medical Chinese finger cuff episode", I'll tell you (plus it's a fun word to spell). It's no secret Jory has problems with his guts so he had an Esophagogastroduodenoscopy and a colonoscopy.

The night before he was joking about hoping they would use two separate scopes, not scope his colon then shove it down his throat. Smacking his lips and sticking his tongue out, he said he didn't want to wake up and taste shit.

So as he was waking up in recovery, he leaned over and blew his breath towards my nose and asked, "Does my breath smell like my ass?" LOL!

It's the number one funniest thing he has ever said, I only wish he remembered it.

Janice said...

Endoscopy thingy is how I was diagnosed with Celiac. No 'real beer' since Oct 06 (among so much other stuff). Good luck with that Jory and Joey for that matter. We can compare pics if you want. :)

On a side note, I'm sure they rinsed the tube/camera before reinserting. Although, it would be interesting to see a "meet me in the middle" kind of thing.

Anonymous said...

Now I totally get the whole "medical Chinese finger cuff episode"...and made me wonder if there was a 'meet in the middle' deal.

Esophagogastroduodenoscopy is SOME word! Damn!

Hope all turns out well. Keep us posted. Much love to you both!

Donate for My Kindness Project to Honor Jack!