Flickr

www.flickr.com
Joeythegirl's items Go to Joeythegirl's photostream

Pages

Monday, June 23, 2008

It's Not Tuberculosis!

Thought I'd post a quick update for those of you who may still be checking in. I have Bronchitis, Viral Pneumonia AND Mono (caused by the Epstein-Barr virus). Yeah, Mono, the kissing disease! So who in Utahrd had Mono? We sort of recollect someone saying they had it or maybe their kids had it, but we don't remember who? Don't worry I'm not looking for someone to blame, I'm just wondering how the hell I got it.

Thank goodness I tested negative for (TB) Tuberculosis, my doctor had me freaked out a little.

I've been on short term disability and will continue to be through Wednesday when I go back to the doctor for another follow up. She'll let me know whether I'll be out longer or not. Unless I start feeling better I have no idea how I'll go back so soon. I know I've been out since we were on vacation, but I can't seem to shake this exhaustion.

Hopefully death doesn't always "happen in three's" cause my uncle is losing his battle with cancer in the next day or two, my grandma is having open heart surgery tomorrow and I've tripled up on my illnesses. Please send your happy healing thoughts to my grandma Parma in Utah, she's the sweetest lady on earth. I don't even want to think about the possibility of losing her.

Back to my nebulizer.

UPDATE: Granny is out of surgery and she's ok. She'll be in ICU for 3-4 days, then a private room for a week or two. Thanks for all the good thoughts.

I honestly haven't even kissed Jory since Bear Lake, he won't go near me when I have a cold sore aka fever blister. I don't blame him, I wouldn't kiss the herps either. I didn't even hug many people because I was sick. It's still a puzzle.

7 comments:

Janice said...

We are gonna work backwards today:
3) Good thoughts and happy feelings to your grandma
2) Glad you don't have TB
1) So...how many people did you kiss while you visited? You didn't get it from me - PROMISE!

tom said...

feel better Joey, gl grandma!

Joey C Johnson said...

UPDATE: Granny is out of surgery and she's ok. She'll be in ICU for 3-4 days, then a private room for a week or two. Thanks for all the good thoughts.

I honestly haven't even kissed Jory since Bear Lake, he won't go near me when I have a cold sore aka fever blister. I don't blame him, I wouldn't kiss the herps either. I didn't even hug many people because I was sick. It's still a puzzle.

Jonathan Merchant said...

well seeing as how no one ever came by, it couldn't have been us....

glad to hear it's nothing serious, epstien barr huh...i remember having to change what i ate because of that for awhile to get rid of it, basically came down to eating baked chicken and white rice with homemade honey bread....

Regina said...

We got all pukey and Robby had some crazy sinus stuff, but no mono. Sorry to hear you're so sick. That's such a bummer and I know it's hard to believe you can feel good again.

Get rest and get better. Thinkin' bout ya!

Love,
Regina

Codester said...

Man, I hate being sick. I got sick on Monday--upset stomach and headache. I thought maybe if I went to the gym after work I'd feel better. WRONG! Diarrhea and the gym is not a good mix. Nothing bad happened, but man, sitting the the stall at the gym, sweating profusely was not fun. I bet I lost 10 pounds just from sitting there sweating--there were pools of it.

Then I could feel the puke coming. I hurried and finished and got the hell out of there. As soon as I got home, the lunch and breakfast went a-flying. It was not pretty. And thus, my no-throwing up streak has ended.

Anyway, I hope you feel better.
--I almost typed 'fell' instead of 'feel.' That wouldn't have made any sense.

tom said...

Look here, Flippy Mcgee, i don't care how sick you are, its time for a new post. Jory too, m'kay?

Donate for My Kindness Project to Honor Jack!