Flickr

www.flickr.com
Joeythegirl's items Go to Joeythegirl's photostream

Pages

Monday, October 13, 2008

Amigurumi...What's that?

In order to break up the monotony of making micro baby blankets (you know the one's I haven't yet taken to the hospital for Jack's 2nd birthday, which is probably a good thing because I'm sick with a cold again) I decided to try and follow a crochet stuffed animal pattern and it was the most fun I've had in ages! ("the most fun" who says that?)

I had picked out the colors (for those of you who may be color blind...green, yellow and pink) for a blanket for my "sister" Sara's baby (at the time we didn't know would be a girl!) and decided I'd give the bunny pattern a go. And although I deviated from the pattern in the biggest way, I substituted a single crochet for a slip stitch, it turned out pretty fucking cute!

Sorry the photos were all taken with my camera phone because I have yet to find time for a serious photo shoot, and well, I didn't want to hear anymore whining about how I hadn't posted for a while. No I'm not talking about you Tom. I kid I kid.

I know this is a dark photo and since I have a good one below, why did I post both? Cause I like it! It makes me think of Donnie Darko even though it's not even close.


So after I popped my own cherry successfully making a bunny I decided to venture into Amigurumi and make my Best Friend Keara a wittle tute Turtle named "mini wiggins", cause she has a real live Mr. Wiggins at home.

Here's what he looks like from the side. I didn't take any with my camera phone, but did however with my real camera, I just haven't uploaded the pics OK. sheesh

After mini higgins, I realized I'm a pro (wink wink) and can now make up my own patterns or at least deviate much further from the actual patterns.

i.e. Below you will see an unfinished baby kitten that Jory was saying looked like a butt plug (take away the ears and arms and you too will see this gross similarity) I only bring this up because I know if I didn't Jory would comment about it and it's fun to steal his thunder!

I don't know why I'm struggling to decide whether or not caption this next photo or not...who cares who I offend right? But I am and that's weird for me. It's not like I NEED to caption it, for most of you or at least those of you who didn't need to google "butt plug" images will know immediately what the caption would be, but for those innocents...I'll spell it out for you!


Here's Jory Eating My Pussy!
To bring this nastiness to a close, I have all but finished the kitty, just needs a face. I'll post a pic tonight or later or never.

Peace out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jory loves Hello Kitty, so this is perfect.

Donate for My Kindness Project to Honor Jack!