Flickr

www.flickr.com
Joeythegirl's items Go to Joeythegirl's photostream

Pages

Monday, January 16, 2006

Jory has gallstones, Surgery TODAY - UPDATED!


We spent the last 6 hours at the hospital, we finally found out Jory has gallstones. Apparently one of the stones is causing problems with his liver, we don't know much right now just that he's going into surgery today. I just got home from the hospital and knew I wouldn't be able to call everyone that would want to know, so this is my broadcast.

I will update everyone when I know more and of course after the surgery. Please send your good vibes our way. I'm sure everything is going to be OK, but I'm the wife so I'm scared.

This explains "the pains": If a gallstone is obstructing the gall bladder, there will be severe pain in the upper right side of the abdomen. The pain will come and go in waves as strong muscular contractions. Strong muscular contractions occur because the body is trying to get rid of the obstruction. Other symptoms are: mild pain under the right ribs. This pain usually occurs after eating fatty foods. It occurs after eating fatty foods because fat in the diet provokes a reflex contraction of the gall bladder.


UPDATE:

Jory's surgery went really well. They were able to remove his gallblatter laparoscopically, so his recovery time will be cut in half. If his intestines are working tomorrow he'll be coming home, otherwise he'll be in another day.

5 comments:

Joey's Mom said...

Our prayers are with both of you. Tell Jory we love him and I wish I could be there for you.

Anonymous said...

i'll sacrifice a goat, a chicken, and a star-nosed mole to Zuul in Jory's behalf.

I'm pulling for you J-Dogg, just be thankful it happened in 2006!

Anonymous said...

I empathize greatly! We hope Jory (and you) are doing well and that this whole thing is as big of a success as possible!! We love you guys!
Eric, Athena, Matrim, and Aviendha

Anonymous said...

Just checking out your site again...I hope Jory is feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry you had to go through that. I know what the pain feels like. I am facing the same surgery. Three ER visits and a hospital stay later they found out that it is my gallbladder. I am at home now and waiting for a surgery date! How did you know that the liver was involved? Will the liver recover and be normal again? Thanks for sharing your story so others will know what to expect.

Donate for My Kindness Project to Honor Jack!