Flickr

www.flickr.com
Joeythegirl's items Go to Joeythegirl's photostream

Pages

Sunday, October 01, 2006

One Month

It's been 1 month since Jack died and Jory and I can't be together today. We've been in Wyoming and Utah for the last month staying with family. Yesterday Jory flew back home to Phoenix for a job interview Monday, then he'll fly back here to SLC on Tuesday.

I found on the M.I.S.S. Foundation website about the Angel of Hope aka Christmas Box Angel is used by parents who have lost a child as a place to go and leave a flower, note or whatever for your own child. Being from Utah I was aware of the Xmas Box Angel but hadn't thought about it yet. Because we cremated Jack, we don't have a "place" to go and grieve or talk to him so before Jory's plane left yesterday we went to find the Angel, since it was his 1 month birthday, but we couldn't find it in time. We had to leave so Jory wouldn't miss his flight.

I'm going back today to find the Angel.

I miss you Jack, I'm falling apart without you and dad here today.

Later.....
When I got there I fell to my knees and bawled for an hour. I cried for Jack and I cried for Jory. Even though it was so sad afterward I felt good, like I let out a lot of sad energy, it almost felt cleansing. Of course when I woke up today it seemed like all that sad energy was back. But I thought I would share the pictures I took with everyone, because I think it's a beautiful place and I wish everyone had such a beautiful place to go and grieve for their child/ren. Anytime we are back in Utah, we will visit Jack and the Angel.

Jory comes back tomorrow and I can't wait to see him!


Here's the statue, someone had left flowers in the angel's hands


Close up. You can't see it from here, but in the left wing, they carved HOPE


Can you see HOPE now?


From behind


And you'll never guess what I saw as I was leaving. I got in my car and drove around the back of the Angel and was stunned to find 2 deer. I immediately turned my car off and pulled out the camera.


See that tree in the middle of the deer, the Angel is right behind it on the right.
Crazy don't you think?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should check out www.violentacres.com

I think you'd get a kick out of it.

Donate for My Kindness Project to Honor Jack!