Flickr

www.flickr.com
Joeythegirl's items Go to Joeythegirl's photostream

Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Janis



Today we had to take Janis, our female ferret to the animal hospital. I went out to feed them and she didn't jump up when I opened the cage. When I pulled her out it looked like one of her paws was swollen and she was really stiff and shaky. Jory and I rushed her to the hospital and told them that she may have been bitten by a black widow spider. We've seen one before just outside the garage door. The Dr. said it's very likely because her body had gone into so much stress that she dehydrated herself. They gave her steroids and antibacteria medicine and filled her full of IV fluid. After the shot of sugar water she started to move around a bit. Her temperature was 96 degrees so they put her on a heating pad and after about 30 minutes she warmed up to 99 degrees. They are keeping her over night for observation and said she has a 50/50 chance. I'm quite depressed and am having flashbacks from my first ferret (Kira) who died over 6 years ago.

It's so weird because I had just written about them the other day. I feel horrible and Jory is being so sweet to me. I'm exhausted, I'm going to bed.

No comments:

Donate for My Kindness Project to Honor Jack!