Flickr

www.flickr.com
Joeythegirl's items Go to Joeythegirl's photostream

Pages

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Blast From the Past

After 5.5 months of living in our new house I thought it was probably time to unpack. Seriously. It's embarrassing how long it takes us to unpack. It was easy when we moved down here from Utah, because our plan was to only unpack necessities, we didn't want to be in our cracked out apartment longer then necessary so we planned on buying a house after our 9 month lease was up. Obviously life happens and it doesn't always go the way we plan it so it took us 2.5 years to buy a house. Plus we moved from a 3 bed, 2 bath with a huge unfinished basement (potentially 5 bed, 3 bath) house, into a small 2 bed, 2 bath apartment....there just wasn't room to unpack.

When we moved from SLC to Logan, UT into our first house, it took 3 months to unpack and the only reason it was done that quickly is because "I" decided we should have a house warming party, so of course I waited until two weeks before the party to start unpacking and decorating. Then a short 4 months later, we packed it all back up and moved here. I will NEVER do that again!

So while unpacking a random box in the garage I started pulling out items that did not belong to me, items that looked familiar, but definitely not mine. There were 4 postcard size pictures of old sailboats, a sailboat cross stitch, 7 head/mask sculptures of sailors or pirates? a family of easter bunnies, a set of China dishes and finally one of those 70's easter eggs made out of sugar with an easter scene inside!


Here's the Loot!







All photos taken with my cell phone.

So I call my mom and send her some pics on her phone and she laughs. She said she hadn't seen this stuff since we moved when I was 13! She told me she made the cross stitch for my stepdad for their first Anniversary 30 years ago! My stepdad painted the sailor masks and they all hung in our family room back in the day. My parents want me to pack it all up and store it until their next visit in case they want any of it, for memories. I kinda like the sailor/pirate masks, maybe I'll hang them in the garage for now? LOL! The sugar egg is going in the trash!

3 comments:

Mr. E Mann said...

Haha, I was going to suggest you take the boat picture out of the frame and check the back for a treasure map! (and don't forget to look for disappearing ink etc.)

MisterJ said...

The sailor masks look just like our Grandpa's!

Codester said...

Why be embarrased about taking so long to unpack and get into a house? Look how long its taken me just to find a goddamn job...and now I'm going back to school again. WTF? Who knows, after I get through my second bout of school I'll finally move down there. Then we can help each other unpack.

Donate for My Kindness Project to Honor Jack!