Flickr

www.flickr.com
Joeythegirl's items Go to Joeythegirl's photostream

Pages

Friday, November 09, 2007

My Three Tattoos (so far)

We're having some internet issues so this post is going to be short, otherwise I will the connection again.

These are my first three tattoos, so many more to come.

My first tattoo is a cresent moon and star on my big left toe.
I know it's not the best picture, but you get the idea. This one
was done in 1994, by a guy named Crayola Boy Nick in Logan, UT.

My 2nd is a Trippy Rainbow Butterfly on my left ankle.
Nick also did this one, in 1995 I think.

This is my 3rd, HugeMungus Butterfly on my back.
This was taken after my first sitting, in 1994.


Second sitting, the outline filled in.
I don't have pictures from the 4 other sittings.
Well I thought I did, but I can't find them.

This was taken a month ago.
The artist and I had a disagreement on colors.
Needless to say, he didn't do the best he could
because the color choices weren't his idea so he
turned my butterfly into a mess. I never went back.
I've been searching for someone to finish it.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You should tell everyone the ridiculous amount of money "we" paid to have your artist get all tantrumish. LAME! (the artist currently known as color-blind ass that is)

PS-If you get a pin up girl tattoo then I in retaliation will get a giant coy fish....on my face!

Anonymous said...

i had no idea about the butterfly on your back.

Jory you should go with the coy fish regardless.

Codester said...

Jory, a coy fish wouldn't be that bad. I can't believe mom got a tattoo before you. Weird.

Joey, definitely get that finished.

Maggie Ann. said...

i love your tattoo. i think your butterfly is beautiful. i'm sorry that you had a bad experience with it. i can't even imagine how much it must have cost. i have wings in my back, and they were ridiculously expensive.

good luck on your future art!

Joey C Johnson said...

It was six, 3 hour sittings at $150 (friend of a friend discount)a sitting. So that's $900 and it's not done yet. Honestly, I've seen LA Ink and Miami Ink and they would have done this tattoo in one, maybe two sittings tops, I'm sure the price is about what it would have cost though.

Donate for My Kindness Project to Honor Jack!