Flickr

www.flickr.com
Joeythegirl's items Go to Joeythegirl's photostream

Pages

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

13 Weeks and a Bunch of Babble

Still feeling fairly good. Actually I feel fabulous other than the constant exhaustion and need for a nap. I've thought very seriously about bringing a lunch to work and napping during my lunch hour and eating afterward at my desk. It's not like I'm busy working. I just really enjoy going home for lunch and seeing Jory because that won't continue to happen once he finds a job.

I do seriously appreciate not ever having morning sickness. Every morning I wake up, feeling tired, but at least I'm not barfing! It could be worse, much much worse.

This morning I woke up 2 hours early with really bad heartburn, which normally replaces morning sickness in the 2nd trimester. I moved to the couch and tried to get comfy enough to fall asleep but that didn't happen. I ate some cereal and decided to watch some TV. At some point I fell asleep and snoozed until 1:30 PM, the time I should be leaving for work. OOPS!

I have two doctor appointments this week. Yes TWO, doesn't make since I know. My 14 week appointment had to be moved to this Thursday since I'll be in Utahrd next Monday. I think we'll be trying to listen for the heartbeat, if we don't hear anything with the doppler, then they'll have to do another ultrasound, WAHOO! I don't know why doctors are so anti-u/s? The machine is right there, takes 2 seconds to add my name, what's the friggin' deal?

Anyway, the other appointment is Wednesday (tomorrow). Two appointments ago I had asked him about my Hypothyroidism and the fact that he had yet to prescribe me my medicine. First off, he needed to get me my medicine NOW DAMNIT so I can have any sort of metabolism and have any luck at loosing this extra baggage I've been carrying since I was last on my medicine let alone the extra baggage from before I was even diagnosed back in 2001. Secondly, I had read in "What to expect when you are expecting" that if you have a thyroid disorder you should be extra sure to be on your medication because your baby needs those hormones or it could also end up with the disorder. And that it was just really really bad.

Dr. Seal says "What to expect..." is full of shit and we can have my blood tested again, he thought my previous results were fine. (Whatever! You don't just go from having Hypothyroidism to not having it at all. This weight is not just caused by my EXTREME case of Insulin Resistance. HELLO!) So my test results came back last Friday, thyroid levels are extremely low. (DUH!) But I don't have AIDS or Chlamydia YAH! & DUH!

He wanted me to get into the office asap which ended up being Wednesday. Why can't I just wait one more day and add that to my list of stuff to do on Thursday? Let me tell you...Thursday's appointment is free, it's covered by my insurance so I'm assuming he wants to squeeze a $30 co-pay out of me where he can.

I'm not sure if I'll get around to posting again before we leave Friday morning but I'm sure we'll be taking the laptop and camera (can't forget the camera!) so we might post updates as far as where we will be and what we'll be doing. That was a really long sentence. Oh well. I'm tired.

Actually I'll try to remember and post about my Thursday appointment, hopefully this time we'll get the little one to hold still for a picture, if we're lucky enough to get an u/s. If Baby Johnson doesn't we'll know Baby J is definitely Jory version 2.0 because it apparently doesn't like press just like dad.

Speaking of the Little One, Baby Johnson, Baby J, it, s/he...we seriously need a nickname of sorts until we know whether it's a boy or a girl. It's hard to post about IT while avoiding the he's and she's, her's/his. Feel free to give us ideas.

I'm going to stop rambling now. Sometimes I feel like I've lost my brain. Sorry about all the babble. Seriously I'm stopping now.

6 comments:

Mr. E Mann said...

Weirdly enough I was always able to relate to morning sickness since that's when I feel sickest myself. Also to the heartburn. Uncomfortable stuff...

I got Athena those books when she was pregnant with Mat for presents.

I also remember the difficulty in describing your child when you are speaking about it without a specific name or the prepositions he or she. I'm a great one for nicknames (lol Jory is often even more adept) so we ended up with all sort of nickname references to the unknown (male/female) coming children before we figured a name or found out if we were having a boy or girl with each of them.

Athena and I know just how difficult and fucked up doctors and hospitals can be (unfortunately many times first hand) so we're wishing you the best of luck with the entire endeavor!

Can't wait to see you and talk. Take care of yourself and drive/ride safely!

Anonymous said...

how about "the Spawn" for a temporary name?

Joey C Johnson said...

Good one Tom...The Spawn. We've mostly called it the Alien, but that's almost cruel.

We'll be seeing you all very soon!

Mr. E Mann said...

LOL, if you keep calling it the Alien it might just tear it's way, hissing and shrieking from your abdomen to kill Jory. ;)

The Spawn in good, especially since you were called Satan. Then we can safely call your child The Spawn of Satan. :)

Joey C Johnson said...

LMAO, nice Eric. The Spawn of Satan...Jory will love that. Then he'll take that and use it as a point to name the baby Damion or Jesus(if it's a boy) and who knows what if it's a girl when it's born.
Maybe Spawn and Alien are not such a good idea. Maybe I'll just go back to calling it BabyJ for Baby Johnson. We were sort of calling it bean but it's way past being a bean or peanut now.

Joey C Johnson said...

LMAO, nice Eric. The Spawn of Satan...Jory will love that. Then he'll take that and use it as a point to name the baby Damion or Jesus(if it's a boy) and who knows what if it's a girl when it's born.
Maybe Spawn and Alien are not such a good idea. Maybe I'll just go back to calling it BabyJ for Baby Johnson. We were sort of calling it bean but it's way past being a bean or peanut now.

Donate for My Kindness Project to Honor Jack!