Flickr

www.flickr.com
Joeythegirl's items Go to Joeythegirl's photostream

Pages

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

She said she’d squeeze me in at 10:30 AM tomorrow!

Tuesday May 30, 2006
This morning I called and left a voicemail requesting an appointment ASAP. Got a call back while I was at work, the receptionist was really excited for me and offered an appointment on Friday. I begged for anything soon, she said she’d squeeze me in at 10:30 AM tomorrow! I’m so excited, I seriously can’t wait. I can’t wait to get my first ultrasound and hear the baby’s heartbeat! That’s not going to happen for awhile.

Signed up on Pregnancy.org, according to the calendar I’m 5 weeks along and due January 26, 2007! How kool is that? We’ll see how accurate that is compared to what the doctor says. I’ve read that they can tell how far along you are better by measuring the length of the baby. I can’t stop surfing baby sites! It’s helping make the day go by faster here at work.

All these “I wonder” questions are filling my brain! Is it a boy? Is it a girl? Do I care? I just want a baby! It would be nice to have a boy first, for the Big Brother factor. But I’ve always dreamed that I was going to have a girl. I don’t think there is much chance in our family of having a girl. I have all brothers and J only has brothers. I’m just happy to finally be pregnant. I’m going to love every minute of this adventure. I don’t mean to sound so cliché but that’s how I look at this. I don’t care about how this is going to change my body or if I get morning sickness. I can’t wait for our baby to come into this world and change our lives completely! I can’t wait to look into our baby’s eyes and share the world with him or her. I’m going to cry if I don’t stop now and crying at work is very embarrassing. I can’t wait until tomorrow!

2 comments:

Mr. E Mann said...

Yep, they do measurements of weight, total length, length of spine, and head size and plug them all into a computer to get the due date (which can change throughout the pregnancy with every new measurement taking).

Avi's lucky to have Mat for a big bro, but in some ways Mat would have been luckier to be the younger one.

Athena is super-excited for you. Hell, even my Mom was excited when I told her that you guys had success! ;)
Be sure to ask or let us know if there's anything we can do or info we can give to help.

Joey C Johnson said...

Thanks Mann! he he...Will do.

Donate for My Kindness Project to Honor Jack!